Thursday, December 31, 2009

How Did I Do?

Time for the obligatory look back at 2009 and see how well I did in achieving the goals I set for myself a year ago. Surprisingly I accomplished very few of them. That's not to say my year hasn't been a success, though. It just means that it took a turn that I did not expect!

Here are the goals from a year ago and how I did.

Run the marathon that I trained for and finish it strong enough that I want to run another one.
-Yes!

Train for and run a second marathon.
-Did that too, although this one was almost 40 minutes slower than my first one.

Log at least 2000 miles.
-Checked that one off, too. I ran a grand total of 2146 miles.

Run a sub 30 minute 5K.
-I came close, ran a 31:05 AND placed first in my AG (only one in my age group)

Run a sub 60 minute 10K.
-Didn't even run a 10K this year, probably because I ran 5 ultras instead.

Stay injury free.
-Check.

Lose 10 pounds.
-Nope, but I didn't gain any weight, either.

As you can see, I did pretty well meeting my goals, but my running took a turn towards the darkside of running ultras, something I did not anticipate at all, but a turn I'm glad I took.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I think your success rate was pretty high! And no one accomplishes everything on their goals list. But you came darn close!

Turbo Photographs said...

5 ultras in one year? Awesome!! Congrats on all of your accomplishments!