Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Totals

After I finished my run today, my monthly total for June was 301.6 miles. That is by far the most I've run in a month. It does help when you run 85 miles in one chunk!

In other news, I signed up for a 50K "training run" on the 10th of June. It is the Rattlesnake 50K near Charleston, WV. According to the website, the race includes "10 climbs totaling 5,000', 9 heavily stocked aid stations, gravel, dirt (mud if wet), sticks, bugs, snakes, deer, bear and Big Foot (if available)."

Yes, I have gone off the deep end, there is no saving me now.

2 comments:

brian said...

Wow! Nice month of mileage! My best month to date is 278. I was hoping to get to 300 this month, but didn't happen. Congrats to you on surpassing the 300 mile month! I need to start throwing in some 50Ks as training runs like that. Great idea. Sounds like a tough 50K for a training run.. yeah.. you're off the deep end for good!

Turbo Photographs said...

1. Congrats on the big mileage!!!
2. You should get double bonus credit for running any event with the word rattlesnake in it!
3. The more I travel, the more I am amazed by how you fit it all in.

Happy 4th :)