Sunday, November 2, 2008

Running In Peachtree City

A couple of weeks ago while I was running the PTC Classic 15k, I noticed that some of the route was on a well marked 10k route. I did some looking online and found a running club in Peachtree City that did group long runs on Sundays. I also printed out a map of the 10k route that they had on their website. I showed up at the designated point at 7:00 AM this morning and there were about 15 people there. Unfortunately, the 5 or so walkers were too slow for me, and I was too slow for the 10 or so runners that were there. But, they were all very nice, and showed me on the map how I could do my planned 15 mile run, where there were places to refill my water bottle, and where the emergency bathroom stops were (in the woods ;-) ). I set out for my run and had a really good time. I even saw two deer while I was running, close enough that I could have spit on one of them. I will definately be going back there for my longer runs!

Training this week:

Monday - 5.68 miles on treadmill in 1:06
Weight training

Tuesday - Rest day

Wednesday - 10.5 miles on treadmill in 2:02

Thursday - 5.73 miles on treadmill in 1:06 (included 6 x 1 minute runs @6.3 mph)
Weight training

Friday - 10.54 miles on treadmill in 2:02

Saturday - 5.77 miles on treadmill in 1:06
Weight training

Sunday - 15.09 miles on golfcart paths in 2:48

No comments: