Friday, May 22, 2009

The Best Race Swag Ever!

I just got the best race swag ever in the mail. Of course they had the obligatory t-shirt and finishers medal at the race, but they also had several people taking pictures and put them all together on a DVD and mailed it to all the participants. There were hundreds and hundreds to scroll though and it was like reliving my birthday party. Here are just a few:

The starting line....if you look up the hill and to the right you can see some brown buildings. I am in one of those using the flush toilets.



Me on the course, thank you Mr Photographer for getting the much envied both feet in the air at the same time picture!


One of the awesome aid stations on the course. Don't ask me what the monkey is holding.


The well-stocked start/finish line aid station.


Me coming up to the finish line flashing my patented "five-oh" hand signal.


Race director Carl Hunt giving me my finisher's medal.

8 comments:

David Ray said...

Watermelon. Mmmmmmmm . . .

David Ray said...

JJ, HotToTrot will fill up early. So send in your app if you'd like to try it. Just a friendly note. :)

Frayed Laces said...

Nice photos! How cool that they sent them to you? What a nice thing to do!

johnmaas said...

Getting a photo CD is pretty cool.
More races should do that.
Looks like it was a nice course and almost perfect day.
No wonder you had a great 50th birthday!
John

Ms. V. said...

Photo CD sounds great!!!

UltraBrit said...

Isn't that the best! I provided about 700 of the photos. I think it's wonderful of Carl to put them on DVDs and send them to all the runners. And you get to show everyone the monkey! ;o)

Kelly said...

Great photos. Don't you wish EVERY race would just send you a photo DVD? So convenient!

Jessica said...

great pics!!