Friday, May 1, 2009

I Think I Destroyed Some Brain Cells

During my internet browsing last night I saw that there is an 8 hour endurance run in two weeks about 10 miles from my house. I am actually thinking about doing it. It is extremely low key (two years ago they had 13 runners and one of them was Taco the Wonder Dog) and low cost. Entry fee is $10 and that gets you all the water and Gatorade you can drink. All runners have to bring snacks to share in addition to the entry fee. The flyer says that you can go for the full 8 hours, or use it as a catered training run. Its not very scenic (its 1/4 mile laps around the school track), but hey, I'm a person who has run 20 miles on a treadmill. I have two weeks to come to my senses, wish me luck or sanity.

6 comments:

David Ray said...

I'd actually do that one. Definitely more fun than the treadmill. I did 35 miles at a track back in the day at a Relay for Life event.

It would be good practice for the Hot2Trot 8 hour in August.

Kelly said...

Sanity, please.

Ms. V. said...

You only live once. Do it.

UltraBrit said...

I think you are crazy! Laps around a track! Yuck! However, if you can run 20 miles on a treadmill I'm sure you will be fine with it.

David Ray said...

What's the verdict? Party at the track?

johnmaas said...

You gonna do it??
Sounds like you could quit anytime you want (like, ...right).
Maye sure you listen to what your body tells you.
John