Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Streak Has Ended

I took a day off today. At first I felt bad about it, but now I'm telling myself I deserved it. I have run at least 30 minutes every day since the Grandma's Marathon Massacre. That adds up to 31 days and 221 miles. It also includes my very first interval session on the track and a 4 hour run in the middle of the day. So, yes, I do deserve a day off.

Its official, I am a Marathon Maniac. I finally submitted my times (and membership dues) and have been accepted as Maniac #1723. I did not order the signature singlet, though. I'm just not a singlet wearing kind of gal. I would order a tech T-shirt with the logo, but they don't offer those. Perhaps I'll just get the hat.

Finally, I was hoping to get Mr Garmin, II (I've got to come up with a new name) by Friday, but I rechecked my order and Friday is the estimated shipping date. Of course I went with the free shipping which means it will probably be another 10 days or so before he is on my wrist. At least I've gotten to the point where I'm only checking my wrist 2-3 times during a run to see if my heart is still beating.

3 comments:

David Ray said...

Rest days are good. No worries there.

I looked at being a Maniac but it seemed a bit pricey for me. I'll stick with my GUTS gear.

Hope to see the new Garmin at HTT!

Jess said...

Congrats on the maniac status! You deserve the rest.

Jessica said...

good job on the maniac thing! I did all the paperwork, but did not pay my dues. I need to do that. Hope you like the new Garmin :)