Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm a Terrible Taperer

Less than two weeks until I attempt to run FIFTY MILES for the first time. I know I should be tapering, but I'm feeling great and my legs want to keep running. Here's what I've been doing so far this week after my six hour treadmill session on Friday:

Saturday - 5 miles in 58:19 running around my neighborhood.

Sunday - 4.27 miles in an hour. This was a hill workout on the hotel treadmill, I alternated 1/2 mile walking with the incline at 8, and 1/2 slow running level and 5.3 mph.

Monday - 10 mile tempo run on the hotel treadmill, 1 mile warm-up at 5.1 mph, 5 miles at 5.5 mph, 1 mile at 5.6 mph, 1 mile at 5.7 mph, 1 mile at 5.8 mph, 1 mile cool-down at 5.1 mph.

Tuesday - 5 miles in 56:47 running around the neighborhood.

Wednesday - 5 miles in 57:43 on the treadmill.

Today - 10 miles in 1:55:00 on the Peachtree City golf cart paths. I saw this guy on my last mile. He is some kind of heron or egret (my bird identification isn't very good).

No comments: