Monday, January 5, 2009

Oops

I "accidentally" ran my highest mileage week during my first taper week, but it wasn't my fault! I had been doing my long runs on Tuesdays because of my work schedule, but this month I have Sundays off. Since the marathon is also on Sunday, I switched my long run day to Sunday, thereby running a long run of 20.2 miles on Tuesday and a long taper run of 13.67 miles on Sunday. The online log I use runs from Sunday to Sunday, giving me a weekly mileage of 58.2 miles! I'm feeling great and plan on running less than 40 miles this week and about 25 miles next week. Now I've developed germophobia, don't want to catch a cold or flu in the next two weeks so I've become like the character Monk from my favorite TV show. Can't wait to see what crazy thoughts run through my mind in the next 13 days.

2 comments:

Razz said...

I hear ya. I'm about 24 hours away from sleeping on the couch. Everyone in Casa de RazZDoodle has gotten some sort of cold. WifeDoodle has bronchitis.

I'm like Howard Hughes right now.

David Ray said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Best of luck with the marathon. I'll be watching for a good report.

You'll be ready for a 50K after that. :)