Monday, December 8, 2008

Running Nekkid

On Wednesday the weather was nice, so I packed all my running stuff in my car and drove to Peachtree City for a 10 mile run. However, when I arrived and got all suited up and turned on my Garmin, I discovered that the battery was run down! OMG, how was I going to be able to run without knowing my time and distance and heartrate every second? After nixing the idea of driving home, charging the battery, and driving back, I decided to do things the old fashioned way. Before starting out, I noted the time on my car's clock, and started on my run. The local running club has done a great job marking a 10K route and all the distance markers are very accurate. So I ran the 10K with an extra 4.67 mile loop for a total of 10.87 miles in 1:57 plus/minus a minute. I felt completely naked for the first couple of miles, but I did have my Ipod to keep me company, and as long as I saw a mile marker every 3 or 4 songs, I knew I was doing alright. Next week is the first of two planned 20 mile runs. Scary!

Training this week:

Tuesday - 5.87 miles on treadmill in 1:10

Wednesday - 10.87 miles in approximately 1:57 on PTC golfcart paths. Time is approximate because my Forerunner battery was dead so I used the clock in my car.

Thursday - Off day because of blister I got yesterday

Friday - 6.19 miles on treadmill in 1:10, included 3 x 1 mile @ 6.0 mph. Also 15 seconds at my brother's marathon pace.

Saturday - 10.84 miles on treadmill in 2:10

Sunday - 5.84 miles on treadmill in 1:10

Monday - 15 miles on PTC golfcart paths in 2:44:47

Total: 54.61 miles!

No comments: